Jun 1, 2013

Something a little different . . .

This weeks challenge on UKScrappers was to use the sketch provided, blue (and / or pink) and stamps or punches. I wanted to play along as my scrapping had come to a complete standstill and I am pushing myself to get going again. I decided to try something a little different and had a go at creating a background. I used some water colour paints to create the splashes of blue taking inspiration from the pattern on Joe’s shorts. I doodled a pattern with a black liner pen again inspired by the pattern on the shorts. It’s clean and simple and Im really pleased with the finished page.

the-bend

Here’s a closer look at those shorts! 

IMG_0577

I like the way the page come together and I will definitely be using some different techniques on my layouts in the future. Maybe that’s why things came to a halt, everything got so ‘boring’ or ‘samey’ – time for a change up I think. There is so much inspiration out there that I need to tap into!

Thanks for stopping by.
Dee

x

1 comment:

  1. This is just fab Dee and Iove the doodled background, I'm loving doodling just now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment I do appreciate it :)